Your Ad Here
0 Plus Temp Mail Service 777 Store Service

2011年3月3日 星期四

Tennis: Roddick denies Raonic into finals

American tennis star Andy Roddick trails only Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for career titles won by active players.American tennis star Andy Roddick trails only Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for career titles, won the active players. Andy Roddick won the ATP tour Title in Memphis require 30 career crownAmerican top seed long-term new Canadian star Milos Raonic in three setsWorld No. 8 Roddick seal victory with spectacular diving Middle shotJo Wilfried Tsonga pulls from France in Davis Cup tie in Austria because of damage

(CNN)--Andy Roddick, is refused Canadian star Milos Raonic increase her second title of ATP tour, as he rounded the three sets of final victory in Memphis with diving forehand passing winner.

It's wrapped up 7-6 (9-7) 6-7 (11-13) 7-5 victory for American top seed after Sunday's epic battle with his opponent a 20-year-old, which lasted two hours and 26 minutes.

?This is the best shot I ever got in my life, since, "Roddick said official Web site of the ATP tour.

"It was a great volleyball there. Can't remember really much more than what I went for the ball. Hit it. I don't think really, most of it. Then I heard people cheering. I was like, "no, no way that went in." "

Raonic, who came to prominence by claiming in ATP title in San Jose last week as a wildcard character, pushed the world number eight to the limit, leveling of the match when he won the second set Jobava Marathon.

I feel like I got outplayed. I just stuck and keep trying. It is as exciting talent as we have seen in a while
--Andy Roddick

His great acting eclipsed even Roddick, pummeling down 32 ACEs take his tally in the week before 129--comfortable new tournament record. Mark Mark Philippoussis in previous best total 106 in 2001.

But Roddick in full-stretch to match points in winner's 12-game decider gave him his 30 career title of 50 finalists and his third victory in Memphis.

"I think I was very fortunate," added the Roddick. "I feel like I got outplayed. I just stuck and keep trying.

"It is as exciting talent as we have seen in a while. It doesn't surprise me if he is the top-10 sooner than later. "

Roddick is third among active players in career, trailing only Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal after adding to its Memphis wins in 2002-2009.

Raonic, playing just his ninth top-level tournament, took off at the 37th in the world--makes it the highest-rated Canadian player in the history of ATP tour, surpassing Greg Rusedski 41, made in 1994, before he picked for British citizenship.

"It's not by any means something to be too happy, because I want to keep improving. I want to keep progressing and developing and I think I can do much more, said Raonic.

"A lot has happened since the beginning of the year. I am going to take these points, I need to take the time to think about it, learn from it and use it to my advantage in the future. "

Raonic his compatriot Rebecca Marino suffered disappointment in the final of the women in Memphis, having removed the injury of stomach, losing the first set 6-2 in Slovakia Magdalena Rybarikova.

Other tennis news Monday, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga pulled out of France in Davis Cup tie against Austria in the next month with thigh injury.

France, who lost 3-2 in Serbia in last year's final, an area already enough Gael Monfis match in Vienna.

View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言